Friday, February 25, 2011

The Making Of Chrono Days Bio



The Making of Chrono Days

Journal Entry: Sun Feb 20, 2011, 6:46 AM



Thanks for all the support on Chrono Days Sim Date!


This game took me about half a year to make, but I had tons of fun(and tons of stress) making it.


The main inspiration for the time traveling concept came from a game that I'm sure many of you are familiar with:



After beating that game, I just couldn't get the whole "time traveling" concept out of my head. :heart:


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


An early WIP of the 6 original datable characters. (Oz and Emmett as datable characters was added at the last second of the planning)



Inspiration for Teddy's design came from this very old sketch of mine. (Full view here)



Inspiration for Cole's design came from my hand model, Harris. (Yes, I gave it a name) I bought this thing on my vacation trip last summer and named it after a waiter that served me at a breakfast cafe the following day.
Cole and Saki Dancer was inspired by a young man that I saw playing a DDR type thing at an arcade in a water park. (I was there for ~MHfan11794's birthday party) He was very good... I was impressed. Thank you mysterious boy for inspiring me.



Inspiration for Bianca. Oh my lovely Sasara has inspired me again! (Sasara also inspired me to make Wonderland Days Sim Datebecause of her uncanny resemblance to "Alice")



Inspiration for Oz. Pffftt. Too obvious.



Inspiration for Roland's... name. Yes, I named Roland after a baker I saw on Ultimate Cake Off (Personality has nothing to do with anything. I just liked his name...)



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .


Landon, Nathan and Emmett were just kind of pulled out of my butt. (In other words, it didn't take a lot of effort or thinking to make their designs)


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


In the early stages of development, I actually used gradients to color instead of cell shading. SO glad that I decided to switch over to cell shading. Gradients look ugly to me now. ;A;



Emmett was actually planned from the beginning, but he was supposed to be a very, very, VERY minor character. Now look at him, he's like what... ranking 2nd or 3rd place in the popularity poll? His early design had him wearing glasses, but I got rid of them and replaced them with bandages because I thought that it would be weird if both Nathan and him wore glasses...



Deleted scene from Roland's path. I just couldn't fit it in, man. It's supposed to be when he crash landed while getting medicine for his sister.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thank you to everyone who has played (and is going to play) Chrono Days! ;A;

No comments:

Post a Comment